Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Gallery at Patriot Place

At our last meeting Jack Gannon announced he had negotiated space for an art gallery in one of the vacant stores at Patriot Place, but that the details were still to be determined. Since our meeting on April 13, a lot has happened.

The “Art Gallery at Patriot Place” will be open weekends beginning April 29. Six anchor artists, from the Foxboro Art Association, will staff the gallery and fill 60% of the wall space with their works. The remaining 40% will be filled by three different “featured artists” each weekend to ensure a fresh display. More importantly, the gallery will be available for our annual Fall Members’ Show in October. So start painting! We now have a place to show our work while the Boyden Library is closed for reconstruction.

The gallery is located at store #217, at the Cinema end of the mall, diagonally between Life is Good and CBS Scene, and aside of Fossil – a high-end accessories store. And it already has a blog:

To help recoup start-up & on-going costs, there will be a per weekend fee of $25 for all featured artists. There is no commission on sales. Each artist must sign an insurance waiver daily to protect Patriot Place from any injury liabilities. Each featured artist must be present during the weekend to sell their art.

This is a major coup for Jack and a wonderful opportunity for members of the Foxboro Art Association. We are goin’ Uptown for our Members Show in October! And who knows what else might develop? In the meantime, all are invited to drop by and check out the new gallery! Jack’s goal is to make it FUN, RELAXING and ENJOYABLE! Let’s help him make it so.

1 comment:

Ann Gorbett said...

Exciting stuff for all members. Thanks Jack!